The rectangular base was first reported in 1906 on Aslan Taş Yayla (literally "Lion Stone Plateau"), a small plateau on Soğanlı Dağ at the west end of the Kurubel Pass. It has the remnants of two seated lions on top of it. On its front face, there is a heavily damaged 3-line Hieroglyphic Luwian inscription that is no longer legible. From the style of the inscription, it is estimated to be from the 9th or 8th century BCE, possibly a monument of the Tabal kingdom. It is currently in the Kayseri Museum.
Click on the pictures for larger images.
Hawkins, J. D. Corpus of Hieroglyphic Luwian Inscriptions, Vol 1, Berlin, 2000: 500 and plt. 282.
Meriggi, P. and M. Poetto. "Contributi allo studio delle iscrizioni in luvio geroglifico," Orientalia 14, 1980: 262-63 and plts. XXIV-XXV.
Ertuğrul Anıl, 2011, 2020.
Tayfun Bilgin, 2006.