Inscribed Statue Fragment
The stone fragment with a curvy surface appears to belong to a sculpture. It bears parts of two-lines of a Hieroglyphic Luwian inscription (MARAŞ 6). The fragment was first seen in Maraş in 1891, a few years later it was purchased by a Russian collector in Istanbul, and by 1938 it found its way into the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.
Hawkins, J. D. Corpus of Hieroglyphic Luwian Inscriptions, Vol 1, Berlin, 2000: 27879 and plt. 129. (MARAŞ 6)
J. David Hawkins, 2000.