This round-topped stele was recut as a Christian tombstone in later periods and was found in a Christian cemetery at the village of Eğrek (now Köprübaşı) in Kayseri province. It was mentioned in publications as early as 1894. Bottom of the stele retains a framed line of Hieroglyphic Luwian inscription which apparently ran over on to a short second line outside the frame. Hawkins reads it as a funerary inscription belonging to Tarhuwari son of Tarhuzarma, and dates it to the 8th century BCE. It is currently in Istanbul Archeology Museum.
Click on the pictures for larger images.
Hawkins, J. D. Corpus of Hieroglyphic Luwian Inscriptions, Vol 1, Berlin 2000: 492-93 and plt. 274.
Tayfun Bilgin, 2012.