|The Luwian inscription on the basalt block is from the reign of Katuwa. It was probably part of a greater monument. It was found in 1912 by the Great Lion Slab at the bottom of the Grand Staircase, and several smaller pieces of it near the Hilani. However, the excavators suggest it must have originally stood in the Herald's Wall. Since its discovery, the block apparently suffered further damage on its right edge (compare with the last image). At least one of the broken pieces was rediscovered at the site in 2011. Main piece is about 80 cm in height and 77 cm in width. The author of the inscription is "Katuwa, the Country-Lord (REGIO.DOMINUS) of Carchemish, [son of] Suhi" and talks about his accomplishments. It is dated to the late 10th to early 9th cent BCE. The main piece is on display in the Anatolian Civilizations Museum in Ankara.|
Anatolian Civilizations Museum - sanalmuze.gov.tr, 2020.
Tayfun Bilgin, 2006.
J. David Hawkins, 2000.